Re: [XP] Re: How bad is breaking the build? Integration machine/token

    Message 1 of 201 , Oct 1, 2004
      On Friday, October 1, 2004, at 6:45:28 PM, Jeff Grigg wrote:

      > As I understand it, they used /the simplest thing that could possibly
      > work/ for their source code management system: The Smalltalk image
      > on the integration machine was the current system version. That is,
      > they had no independent "source code management tool" to manage
      > Smalltalk source text files. There were no source text files. The
      > classes, in a Smalltalk image, were it.

      > Maybe later versions and/or implementations of Smalltalk are more
      > conventional... ;->

      We did have Envy, which is a class and method source code management
      system. There are, of course, no source files.

      One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.
      -- Bill Nye (The Science Guy)
    • Dale Emery
      Message 201 of 201 , Oct 17, 2004
        Earlier, I wrote:

        > One important principle I've learned is that teaching and
        > coaching require permission of the person being taught or
        > coached.

        I've written a short blog article about this:
        http://www.dhemery.com/cwd/2004/10/permission.html

        Dale

        --
        Dale Emery, Consultant
        Collaborative Leadership for Software People

        More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a
        crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness.
        The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom
        to choose correctly. --Woody Allen