RE: [XP] Designing before doing

  • Steven Gordon
    Message 1 of 74 , Sep 7, 2004
      The answer is we are designing it - the code is the design.

      Message 74 of 74 , Sep 10, 2004
        Thanks for posting this, though it is painful to me.

        I have been, in the past, far too inclined to intervention. Partly it's
        just because I care, and partly, no doubt, for less creditable reasons like
        the occasional rush one gets from a success.

        I'll probably do it again. And sometimes it will work, as, in spite of it
        all, my advice is often rather good.

        But you remind me that intervention is not comfortable and warm. Nor,
        usually, is it enabling unless and until the victim moves through the
        immediate moment and makes the learning his own.

        I am rueful at your reminder, but not giving up. Thanks,

        You are to act in the light of experience as guided by intelligence.
        -- Nero Wolfe