Re: [XP] coding idea / question

    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 5, 2004
      On Sunday, September 5, 2004, at 3:20:47 PM, Edmund Schweppe wrote:

      > Ron Jeffries wrote:

      >> What I like about passing it in is that it's "obviously" a parameter.
      >> What I don't like is that I'd like the Article to know how to save
      >> itself.

      > A semi-random thought: why not start by having the code-behind class
      > pass the *path* to the Article? If/when the duplication of invoking
      > methods on the Request object gets too smelling, the code-behind objects
      > could create some sort of FileSystemWrapper object that, for Web
      > requests, takes the Request object and exposes path information.

      > Of course, I'm not there and both you and the code are, so a large grain
      > of salt might be in order.

      I suspect that it'll go roughly that way: all that needs to be extracted
      from the Request is the article name and the directory where they are
      stored, so it seems appropriate to limit the information passed to just
      that much. In fact, right now, I'm actually using a FileInfo ...

      "Some people take everything personally." -- Ron Jeffries
      "I do not!" -- Ann Anderson