Re: [good] [XP] Re: Oracle & Ford in need of XP

  • Michael Feathers
    Message 1 of 145 , Sep 1, 2004
      Dominic Williams wrote:

      >Nick Zdunic wrote:
      >

      >>I agree with replacing legacy apps bit by bit. A
      >>refactoring effort of some sorts.
      >>

      >I would rather replace the app bit by bit by making
      >completely new code work with (interface with) the
      >legacy app.
      >
      >So I have in mind something very different from
      >refactoring. Can't speak for Ron, though.

      I haven't done much touting of this yet, but I just finished a book
      about working with legacy code. The emphasis isn't on replacing the
      code, it's on getting it under test so that you can make it better.
      Street date will be 9/20. The real cover looks much better than the one
      shown here :-)

      Michael Feathers
      www.objectmentor.com
    • Randy MacDonald