Re: [XP] looking for a phrase ...

  • Steven J. Owens
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 1, 2004
      On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 01:30:14PM -0400, George Dinwiddie wrote:
      > On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 01:05:12PM -0400, Victor wrote:
      > > I don't know if this will satisfy you, but this is my approach:
      > >
      > > Assume good faith, guardedly.
      >
      > That's another way of putting the old saying "trust, but verify," made
      > famous by Ronald Reagon but also credited as being an old Russian
      > proverb.

      It's probably not what Ron's looking or, but this reminds me of
      an old saying which I thought I read in one of Heinlein's novels
      (probably a Lazarus Long quote) but google tells me is either Lola
      Montez or Finley Peter Dunn or even (in one case) Ronald Reagan:

      "Trust everybody, but always cut the cards."

      --
      Steven J. Owens
      puff@...

      Take it all with a grain of salt." - me, at http://darksleep.com