Re: [XP] A goal of an agile organization?

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 10, 2004
      On Tuesday, August 10, 2004, at 9:20:45 AM, Ken Boucher wrote:

      > I don't know. Maybe it's Ron's quest for a phrase mixed with the
      > Unified Agile Process, but I was mulling something over in the shower
      > and figured I'd release it into the wild and see what it morphs into.

      > "A goal of an agile organization is to increase the width of a
      > decision* while decreasing the time between situation discovery and
      > resolution**".

      > *width could be considered to be "number of people directly affected
      > by the decision".

      What about "affecting" as well as "affected by"? I have mixed feelings
      about it.

      > **the time between "the building is on fire" and "the fire is out"

      > I don't know. I kind of like it. It's odd in that it's not really
      > attached to how the decision is made or by whom. Then again, I have
      > the advantage of knowing what I meant by it.

      There's an idea there. Keep after it. Try another shower, that's my plan.

      Ron Jeffries
      Agility might be said to be about encountering
      all the problems so early and so often that the
      effort to fix them is less than the pain of enduring them.