RE: [XP] Re: in-memory Repository & Object Prevalence technology

  • Kari Hoijarvi
    Message 1 of 260 , Aug 2, 2004
      One valid reason is, that many people want to use many kinds
      of analysis tools, that require SQL database access.

      After all, relational joins and filters are order of
      magnitude easier to write than network traversal code.

      Kari

      Message 260 of 260 , Aug 18, 2004
        > On 17 Aug 2004, at 12:22, Ilja Preuss wrote:
        > [snip]
        >> It's certainly the case that without pairing/reviews I am more
        >> likely to
        >> *miss* tests - but I don't think that I get more *wrong* tests that
        >> cancel out with wrong implementation...
        >
        > I think it could happen over time.
        >
        > - Lack of pairing might mean I miss duplication so a bit
        > of business logic gets into foo and bar.
        >
        > - My acceptance test for the business logic only uses foo.
        >
        > - Later I change bar incorrectly, but the foo test still passes.
        >
        > False-pass for that bit of business logic.

        Yes, but I thought that we were talking about a test that was wrong. Not
        sure wether that matters, though...

        Cheers, Ilja