eXtreme Hour

  • fromconcept
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 30, 2004
      Does anybody have example/sample projects they have used to run an
      eXtreme Hour? I have an Hour planned for next week, havent
      experienced one before, and I am the only one working towards
      preparing for the Hour - I am running the show on my own. So I could
      do with as much help as possible :-)

      Thanks in advance,

      Nick.
    • banshee858
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 30, 2004

        > Does anybody have example/sample projects they have used to run an
        > eXtreme Hour? I have an Hour planned for next week, havent
        > experienced one before, and I am the only one working towards
        > preparing for the Hour - I am running the show on my own. So I
        > could do with as much help as possible :-)

        Please check out this link.

        http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ExtremeHour

        I have participated in an ExtremeHour and it was a bit chaotic.
        Improvements I thought could have lessened the chaos were:
        1) Explaining the XP roles more clearly. What does a developer do?,
        etc., etc.
        2) Limit the XP discussion to bare minimum. Give just enough to get
        started.
        3) Ask everyone to have fun and observe what is going on around
        them.
        4) Save a good 30 minutes after you are done for reflection on what
        happened.
      • Laurent Bossavit
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 30, 2004
          Nicholas,

          > I have an Hour planned for next week, havent experienced one before,
          > and I am the only one working towards preparing for the Hour - I am
          > running the show on my own. So I could do with as much help as
          > possible :-)

          Timing may be an issue (there is more material to gather), but I
          would suggest you check out the XP Game, which I found easier to
          facilitate than the Extreme Hour. The XP Game was created by Vera
          Peeters and Pascal Van Cauwenberghe and can be found here:
          http://www.xpgame.be/

          Cheers,

          -[Laurent]-
          If you don't think carefully, you might think that programming
          is just typing statements in a programming language.
          Ward Cunningham
        • J. B. Rainsberger
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 30, 2004
            fromconcept wrote:

            > Does anybody have example/sample projects they have used to run an
            > eXtreme Hour? I have an Hour planned for next week, havent
            > experienced one before, and I am the only one working towards
            > preparing for the Hour - I am running the show on my own. So I could
            > do with as much help as possible :-)

            Mike Bowler and Bryan Zarnett of XP Toronto had people draw coffeemakers
            on a whiteboard. It was a howl.
            --
            J. B. Rainsberger,
            Diaspar Software Services
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 9, 2004
              I use powerpoint... A presentation describing some flow, like an ATM or
              something...

              Links in the presentation allow for navigation. Differnet color slides are
              used fo actual device manipulation, UI and logic...

              Amir Kolsky
              XP& Software

              ]
              ]Mike Bowler and Bryan Zarnett of XP Toronto had people draw
              ]coffeemakers on a whiteboard. It was a howl.
              ]--
              ]J. B. Rainsberger,
              ]Diaspar Software Services
              ]http://www.diasparsoftware.com :: +1 416 791-8603 Let's write
              ]software that people understand
              ]
              ]
              ]
              ]To Unsubscribe, send a blank message to:
              ]
              ]ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com
              ]Yahoo! Groups Links
              ]