Re: Agile Practices - Developer led viral adoption

  • Dean Margerison
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
      Hi Ken

      I suppose my point is that, having such high page views and
      downloads relating to TOOLS that enable developers to deliver
      software IS significant...Downloading ANT,JUnit and Maven is very
      different from visiting sites such as Badger Badger Badger

      Amusing as they are

      The 2 minutes of fun these sites deliver does not really equate to
      the value you can derive from downloading software productivity
      tools.

      Ps coming from Gods county Yorkshire, and a keen football player
      (not soccer), I much prefer the England Badgers at http://www.weebls-
      stuff.com/toons/35/

      Regards Dean

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Boucher"
      <yahoo@n...> wrote:
      > > http://www.dekam.net/Documents/Agile_Practices-viral_adoption.pdf
      >
      > Having an accurate figure for downloads and page views should be
      an
      > indicator of interest but I fail to see how it's an indicator of
      > adoption. "All your base are belong to us" and "Badger Badger
      Badger"
      > have massive amounts of hits and yet I don't see either of them
      > actually changing how we do business.
      >
      > I'm also not seeing where adoption is really being led by the
      > developers. It's a nice thought, but I'm missing the proof behind
      > that conclusion. Since the enviroment that supports pair
      programming
      > is radically different from the standard "cubeville" this is a
      change
      > that does not go unnoticed by management. It's hard to rearrange
      the
      > area for pair programming, get white space for BVCs, move your
      > customer onsite, and stop producing the documention required for
      BDUF