RE: [XP] Re: An XP Detector?

  • Karl Scotland
    Message 1 of 74 , Jul 2, 2004
      > From: Ken Boucher [mailto:yahoo@...]
      >
      > <karl.scotland@b...> wrote:
      > > "Inspired by XP, and aspiring to XP" is the phrase I use.
      >
      > I like that one a lot. May I use it?

      Absolutely.

      Karl

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/ - World Wide Wonderland

      stated.
      BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
    • J. B. Rainsberger
      Message 74 of 74 , Jul 11, 2004
        banshee858 wrote:

        >>>A "true XP Detector" would be calibrated to the four values, not
        >>>the 12 practices.
        >>
        >>Let me be Uncle Bob for a moment...
        >>
        >>NO!
        >>
        >>An AGILE detector would be calibrated to the four values; but
        >>without practices consistent with the values, it's just all talk.
        >>An XP detector would be calibrated to how /well/ you /are able/ to
        >>do the practices.
        >
        > I am going to have to disagree with you here. IMO, if you use the
        > practices, but do not value the values, then what you are doing is
        > going through the motions without any consideration of why.

        You are absolutely right. The values are not enough, but neither are the
        practices. I suppose we need to be calibrated to both.

        That said, my whole picture of "what XP is" -- for whatever that picture
        might be worth -- has changed drastically in the last little while, so
        I'm going to beg your leave from this discussion for the time being and
        wait for the swimming in my head to stop.
        --
        J. B. Rainsberger,
        Diaspar Software Services