Abusing multimedia

  • Lasse Koskela
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2004
      Phlip scribbled:
      > > Maybe we should stop proselytizing and give tours
      > > of William's
      > > shop? :o)
      >
      > There are those who have suggested filming a
      > documentary movie.

      This reminded me of a question I posed in a panel in XP2004 -- a
      question to which nobody answered...

      Are you using audio/video to support your process, and if, how?

      I know some people carry a digital camera around and run snapshots
      through Whiteboard Photo. I've also read a suggestion to video tape a
      whiteboard design session for documentation purposes (instead of
      writing down the outcome of the session) but never seen it or even
      heard of someone actually doing it.

      --
      Best regards,
      Lasse
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 30, 2004
        --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Lasse Koskela
        <lasse.koskela@g...> wrote:
        > This reminded me of a question I posed in a panel in XP2004 -- a
        > question to which nobody answered...
        >
        > Are you using audio/video to support your process, and if, how?
        >
        > I know some people carry a digital camera around and run snapshots
        > through Whiteboard Photo. I've also read a suggestion to video tape a
        > whiteboard design session for documentation purposes (instead of
        > writing down the outcome of the session) but never seen it or even
        > heard of someone actually doing it.
        >

        > --
        > Best regards,
        > Lasse

        Are you suggesting turning work environment into a reality show? Like
        "XP Brother" or something along the lines of "Cops", maybe "Coders"?

        Scared,
        Luiz
      • Douglas Philips
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 30, 2004
          On Jun 30, 2004, at 10:18 PM, lesmiralha inquired:
          > Are you suggesting turning work environment into a reality show? Like
          > "XP Brother" or something along the lines of "Cops", maybe "Coders"?

          With apologies to "COPS"... Nah, not apologetic at all:

          Bad Code, Bad Code,
          Whatcha gonna do?
          Whatcha gonna do when they re-fact'r you?
          Bad Code, Bad Code,
          Whatcha gonna do?
          Whatcha gonna do, Oh Oh Aye Oh U?
          Bad Code, Bad Code....
          Code was filmed on location in a real XP shop...

          Hmmm, I know, I know, keep the day job.

          <D\'gou
        • J. B. Rainsberger
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 30, 2004
            Douglas Philips wrote:

            > On Jun 30, 2004, at 10:18 PM, lesmiralha inquired:
            >
            >>Are you suggesting turning work environment into a reality show? Like
            >>"XP Brother" or something along the lines of "Cops", maybe "Coders"?
            >

            > With apologies to "COPS"... Nah, not apologetic at all:
            >
            > Bad Code, Bad Code,
            > Whatcha gonna do?
            > Whatcha gonna do when they re-fact'r you?
            > Bad Code, Bad Code,
            > Whatcha gonna do?
            > Whatcha gonna do, Oh Oh Aye Oh U?

            The song is funny, but...

            I've seen this a lot lately. It's time to remind everyone that it's Once
            and Only Once: OAOO. Not OOAO.
            --
            J. B. Rainsberger,
            Diaspar Software Services