Old Fogeys' "I'm Not Dead Yet" contest

  • acockburn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2000
      > Eric Hodges
      > I don't think anyone here but me has seen a mainframe.

      > Ron Jeffries
      > > I'll call your mainframe and raise you an IBM 704.

      > Dave Thomas
      > 1401

      Unless we have someone born before 1930, who has been doing OO since before
      1975 and is still programming, I suggest we drop this tired old battle over
      who first saw punched cards, etc. I think Trygve Reenskaug will keep typing
      until his fingers drop off, and by that time voice recognition will start to
      work and after that he'll use eye tracking software to program, and he wins
      this contest hands down. Even Ron J. conceded to Trygve on the "I'm not dead
      yet" old programmer's contest.

      Alistair Cockburn
      Humans and Technology

      7691 Dell Rd.