Cfp: Agile Meetings BOF at XP2004 aka "Roll your own local conference"

  • Erik Lundh
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2004
      I call for a BOF on "Agile meetings" at XP2004 sometime 8-10 June
      Agile Meetings is an Agile Alliance program designed to share know-how
      and best practices on how to organize small and large events that helps
      people meet and share ideas such as agile, xp, scrum etc.

      The big conferences are great and we need them.

      But we also need to meet locally for agile and XP to grow from this point on.

      Not all people have experience of how you can do this and live to tell it.
      A local conference can be small, a room with people.
      It can also be hundreds people.
      Erik Lundh has organized several successful local SPIN conferences
      with as many as 200 particpants on a shoestring budget.

      Last year, Agile Alliance approved Eriks proposal for the Agile Meetings program.

      Organizing an local conference is an excellent opportunity to
      use agile principles in practice, on a worthwhile project,
      with people you like.

      Local conferences and meetings will also give many good speakers more opportunities.

      Join the Agile Meetings BOF and share you thought and experiences.

      Do you want to organize a local conference or gathering on agile or XP in your country or region?
      The Agile Meetings program might give you some valuable ideas.

      See you at XP2004 in Garmisch Partenkirchen!
      Check out the local BOF announcements!

      /Erik Lundh

    • Nancy Van Schooenderwoert
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2004
        On Thu, 2004-06-03 at 16:47, Erik Lundh wrote:

        > The big conferences are great and we need them.
        >
        > But we also need to meet locally for agile and XP to grow from this point on.
        >
        > Not all people have experience of how you can do this and live to tell it.
        > A local conference can be small, a room with people.
        > It can also be hundreds people.

        Yes - we do need to meet locally and learn from each other. I'll take
        this opportunity to jump in and mention that we have a group called "New
        England Agile Bazaar" for that purpose. We don't have a website - just
        and email list at present. Meetings are announced on the list, and are
        normally held in locations in or near Boston.

        - Nancy V.
        Nancy Van Schooenderwoert Agile Rules
        nancyv@... http://www.agilerules.com