Re: [XP] estimation

  • John Brewer
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 2, 2004
      On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 23:07:38 -0700 (PDT), sobia awan
      <s_awan2002@...> wrote:
      > 3. Can Xp be used to achieve any level of SEI/CMM? and should it be used for this purpose.

      According to Mark Paulk of the SEI, XP can be used as part of an
      overall CMM process improvement program. XP by itself is not
      sufficient to get a specific CMM rating because CMM covers parts of
      the development process that are outside the scope of XP.

      http://www.sei.cmu.edu/activities/cmm/papers/xp-cmm.pdf

      (BTW, according to my friends at Silicon Valley SPIN, CMM is being
      deprecated in favor of CMMI.)

      John Brewer

      Extreme Programming FAQ: http://www.jera.com/techinfo/xpfaq.html