Re: Architects, XPLite and Metaphor. Was: Re: [XP] Re: FYI - Definition of Architectre as per DoD.

  • J. B. Rainsberger
    Message 1 of 50 , Jun 1, 2004
      Ron Jeffries wrote:

      > On Sunday, May 30, 2004, at 11:59:16 PM, Shane Mingins wrote:
      >

      >>--- Ron Jeffries <jeffries@...> wrote:

      >>>have something actually

      >>>Ron, what does

      >>>Evans' term

      >>>The difference between prose and poetry.

      <snip />

      >>Could you help us out with what this means?
      >
      > I'm not sure that I can. I think one has to grok the difference between
      > prose and poetry to grok the difference between UL and Metaphor.

      I was just happy to know the direction of the analogy. From the above,
      it seemed like you meant metaphor:UL::prose:poetry, which didn't make
      sense to me at all. The other way around, I at least get the inflexion
      of your nuance, even if I don't understand /why/ yet.
      --
      J. B. Rainsberger,
      Diaspar Software Services
      Message 50 of 50 , Jun 1, 2004