Re: [XP] Re: Testing experiences

  • kevan.dunsmore@trilogy.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2000
      Apologies for last email. Please disregard. It was an old mail I
      inadvertantly forwarded to this group.

      "Andrew Swan"
      <andrews@owl. To: extremeprogramming@egroups.com
      co.uk> cc:
      Subject: [XP] Re: Testing experiences
      08/01/00
      03:32 AM
      Please
      respond to
      extremeprogra
      mming

      > I also I have no idea about how many tests I should have, their
      > granularity, and how paranoid I should be in my testing.

      A very good source of information is XP Installed.
      A draft copy of this is available from www.xprogramming.com.

      The chapters on "Test-first, by intention" and
      "Everything that could possibly break" would probably be a good
      place to start.

      Cheers,

      Andy

      Ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com
    • Alan Francis
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 2, 2000
        --- In extremeprogramming@egroups.com, kevan.dunsmore@t... wrote:

        > Or just do what we did at Spektra - fuck it. Let Schindler test it.

        I get the feeling this was supposed to be a personal reply :-)

        Or are you Sp-ex-tra boys going to start using the XP egroup as a
        message board :-) ?

        Alan
      • Steve Willer
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2000
          On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Alan Francis wrote:

          > I get the feeling this was supposed to be a personal reply :-)
          >
          > Or are you Sp-ex-tra boys going to start using the XP egroup as a
          > message board :-) ?

          That kind of mistake is certainly understandable. It's slightly
          frustrating having this mailing list set Reply-To, since very few other
          lists do this.