Re: [XP] Re: Testing experiences

  • kevan.dunsmore@trilogy.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1, 2000
      Or just do what we did at Spektra - fuck it. Let Schindler test it.

      "Andrew Swan"
      <andrews@owl. To: extremeprogramming@egroups.com
      co.uk> cc:
      Subject: [XP] Re: Testing experiences
      08/01/00
      03:32 AM
      Please
      respond to
      extremeprogra
      mming

      > I also I have no idea about how many tests I should have, their
      > granularity, and how paranoid I should be in my testing.

      A very good source of information is XP Installed.
      A draft copy of this is available from www.xprogramming.com.

      The chapters on "Test-first, by intention" and
      "Everything that could possibly break" would probably be a good
      place to start.

      Cheers,

      Andy

      Ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com
    • kevan.dunsmore@trilogy.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1, 2000
        Apologies for last email. Please disregard. It was an old mail I
        inadvertantly forwarded to this group.

        "Andrew Swan"
        <andrews@owl. To: extremeprogramming@egroups.com
        co.uk> cc:
        08/01/00
        03:32 AM
        Please
        respond to
        extremeprogra
        mming

        > I also I have no idea about how many tests I should have, their
        > granularity, and how paranoid I should be in my testing.

        A very good source of information is XP Installed.
        A draft copy of this is available from www.xprogramming.com.

        The chapters on "Test-first, by intention" and
        "Everything that could possibly break" would probably be a good
        place to start.

        Cheers,

        Andy

        Ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com
      • Alan Francis
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 2, 2000
          --- In extremeprogramming@egroups.com, kevan.dunsmore@t... wrote:

          > Or just do what we did at Spektra - fuck it. Let Schindler test it.

          I get the feeling this was supposed to be a personal reply :-)

          Or are you Sp-ex-tra boys going to start using the XP egroup as a
          message board :-) ?

          Alan
        • Steve Willer
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 2, 2000
            On Wed, 2 Aug 2000, Alan Francis wrote:

            > I get the feeling this was supposed to be a personal reply :-)
            >
            > Or are you Sp-ex-tra boys going to start using the XP egroup as a
            > message board :-) ?

            That kind of mistake is certainly understandable. It's slightly
            frustrating having this mailing list set Reply-To, since very few other
            lists do this.