Meta-Extreme Reading List (was Re: [XP] Re: Subsets of XP)

  • Steven J. Owens
    Message 1 of 57 , May 12 8:29 PM
      On Sat, May 01, 2004 at 09:49:21AM -0400, Bil Kleb wrote:
      > > Ouch. I've seen that happen. Bye, bye, communication.
      >
      > A symptom of a parental governance system. Ever tell your parents
      > the whole truth and nothing but the truth? (See Block's Stewardship
      > book for an excellent discourse on this topic.)

      I've seen several book recommendations posted in passing, in
      various threads. Most of them are, strictly speaking, off-topic, but
      might be better characterized as meta-xp (or maybe meta-meta-xp).
      Not books about XP per se, or even (necessarily) about software
      development, but about the underlying issues and principles that you
      think are relevant.

      I've been intrigued enough to go out and get the book a couple of
      times, and and generally intrigued enough to make note of the book and
      decide to read them... someday :-).

      So this prompts me to ask folks to post title, author and
      one-paragraph description of their favorite books of this sort.

      --
      Steven J. Owens
      puff@...

      Take it all with a grain of salt." - Me at http://darksleep.com