RE: [XP] Testing experiences

  • Arrizza, John
    Message 1 of 66 , Aug 1, 2000
      > From: Ron Jeffries [mailto:ronjeffries@...]
      > I'm not sure I said that, and if I did I'm about to repudiate
      > it. In an emergency, yes, I'd fix and run. But if it's not, my advice
      > would be to write some tests always.

      Ron, you may be right. I can't search back for the quote because I have
      deleted many XP emails so it may have been Robert Martin or Kent Beck or
      Michael Feathers or ...

      I still think you (or whoever) are right, economics should dictate if you
      write the test or not. If it's not an emergency and you don't have to write
      any code that will give business value, write the UT. Of course, if you're
      back in the same stinkin' code yet again, writing the UT *will* give
      business value.

      John
    • Mark Wilden
      Message 66 of 66 , Aug 14, 2000
        From: "Robert C. Martin" <rmartin@...>

        > > Sorry to be dense, but what is MT?
        >
        > You're going to hate yourself. MT is an abbreviation for "empty".

        No, I hate you. :) That's a bit too clever (i.e. I'm not clever enough!).