Re: [XP] Re: EnterpriseXP

  • Doug Swartz
    Message 1 of 46 , May 4, 2004
      Tuesday, May 04, 2004, 6:03:30 AM, Dale Emery wrote:

      >> "Its Mickey Mouse"

      > Characterizes XP in a general way as immature or naive. Not sure
      > how to relate this to anything specific about XP.

      It is possible that the person being quoted had a team using
      the Squeak implementation of Smalltalk on an XP project. ;-)
      This could lead to a characterization that the project was
      Mickey Mouse.

      --

      Doug Swartz
    • Ilja Preuss
      Message 46 of 46 , May 11, 2004
        > On Monday, May 10, 2004, at 8:44:24 AM, andrewcraddock1 wrote:
        >
        >> The enterprise wrapper for XP will be primarily focussed on the
        >> project level practices that are not explicitly embedded in the XP
        >> practices

        How much does this wrapper actually rely on the other XP practices?

        I ask because many of the goals mentioned remind me of (the little I
        know about) the Incremental Funding Method. IFM can be wrapped around
        both XP and RUP (and probably other processes), though. I wonder wether
        that's possibly a stronger concept...

        Cheers, Ilja