CFP:Maintaining and Promoting Healthy Agile Culture XP2004

  • David Putman
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4, 2004
      Apologies if you receive more than one copy of this email

      Maintaining and Promoting Healthy Agile Culture
      This is a call for participation in our workshop, Sunday June 6, 2004 at the
      XP2004 conference in Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany, Part of the XP2004
      conference - http://www.xp2004.org . If you have ever been part of an agile
      project that started well but struggled over time, and you helped to fix
      things, you might be interested in joining our workshop.

      Workshop Overview
      Workshop participants will create a collection of cultural smells they have
      encountered and capture this information on posters in a story like format.
      Small and large group discussion of how these issues affect a project's
      culture as well as solutions that addressed the issues will consume a large
      portion of the workshop. In an effort to learn from our mistakes, the group
      will discuss solutions that failed, and why. To further the importance of
      culture, as it relates to the communal nature of agile practices, the
      workshop to try to create some tangible output that can be used in the
      trenches by agile project leaders and project members.

      Workshop Participation
      If our workshop piques your curiosity, please submit a story which describes
      a project experience that fits the theme of the workshop. The template below
      can also be found on our website http://sgfco.com/Default.asp?Page=37

      The call for submissions ends May 21st and participants will be notified the
      following week.

      Best Regards
      David Putman (dputman@...)
      David Hussman (david.hussman@...)

      <template>

      Story Title:
      Description of Project and Project Culture:
      < describe the project, players, company, or any other information that will
      help the other workshop participants understand the cultural strengths and
      struggles>

      Description of the Cultural Issue / Struggle:
      < provide one or two issues that caused the team to lose courage, reduce
      quality, stop communicating, or diminish the project culture in any other
      way >

      Solution(s) Used / Attempted:
      < add solutions, practices, that were used to address the issue - in the
      spirit of learning from the past, please do not hesitate to add that which
      succeeded as well as that which failed (and everything in-between)>

      </template>
    • David Putman