Re: [XP] Young programmers (was: It's not about speed.)

  • Kevin Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2000
      > It is swarms of people such as those that taint the name of junior/young
      > programmers.

      Good reminder that generalizations can be misleading. I have worked with
      several junior developers who are great, and have worked with a number of
      experienced developers who are..um...well...hmmm...let's leave it as
      "not-so-great".

      > I believe that a programmer should be more than just a code writer. I
      > believe that a programmer should know idustry history, know current
      > trends and news, know methodology,posess a very wide and deep base
      > of knowledge, adhere to a strict code of ethics, immerse themselves in
      > the industry, and have a love for what they do (and have a life, also).

      Well put. Is your resume posted anywhere? :-)

      Kevin
    • Darren Collins
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2000
        RE: [XP] Young programmers (was: It's not about speed.)

        > It is swarms of people such as those that taint the name of
        > junior/young programmers.

        They say it's 99% of lawyers that give the rest of them a bad name :-).