Re: [XP] Anouncing JeffriesXP, WakeXP, YourNameHereXP

  • Adam Wildavsky
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2004
      At 7:58 AM -0400 5/1/04, Ron "Cato" Jeffries wrote:

      >Carthago delenda est.

      For those, like myself, who never learned Latin and know little history:

      "Carthage must be destroyed."

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Punic_War

      --
      Adam Wildavsky Extreme Programmer Tameware, LLC
      adam@... http://www.tameware.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2004
        Ron Jeffries (2004-05-01 07:58):

        > Carthago delenda est.

        And "Romani eunt domus" (Life of Brian).

        It's "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam" in the original version,
        which Cato was reportedly using as .sig in his speeches. Translation:

        BTW: F2k Carthago.

        SCNR

        s.
      • Dominic Williams
        Message 3 of 4 , May 6, 2004
          Le 1 mai 04, à 13:58, Ron Jeffries a écrit :

          > So we have ten thousand things that among us we all know. Some of them
          > are
          > explicitly named in XP. Some of them go well with XP in this or that
          > situation; some do not. We pull these tricks from the bag in accord
          > with
          > our experience, our reading, our conversations with each other.
          > Sometimes
          > we even make up a new one.

          Ron, this reminds me of the days before the white book came out, and XP
          was largely captured on Ward's Wiki, along with lots of other stuff.
          The boundaries were not clear. This was good.

          I still use some tricks I read about back then, and first used thinking
          they were part of XP, later to discover they were not "core" XP...

          Dominic Williams
          http://www.dominicwilliams.net
          ----