Re: [XP] Threshold of Minimal Unit Testing

  • Daniel Poon
    Message 1 of 10 , May 1, 2004
      > When is it acceptable to NOT test properties and methods that have
      > public visibility?

      What if you don't understand the method you are supposed to be testing?
    • James Cloughley
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 2, 2004
        Then I'd definitely write tests for it. I find this especially useful when I encounter someone else's code that lacks unit tests. Writing the tests help you understand what the method is supposed to do.

        Jim

        > When is it acceptable to NOT test properties and methods that have
        > public visibility?

        What if you don't understand the method you are supposed to be testing?

        ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com
        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • Michael Feathers
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 2, 2004
          JC> Then I'd definitely write tests for it. I find this especially useful when I encounter someone else's code that lacks unit tests. Writing the tests help you understand what the method is
          JC> supposed to do.

          Or better yet, what it really does.

          Michael Feathers
          www.objectmentor.com