Re: DSDM is Agile

  • rachelclairedavies
    Message 1 of 22 , May 1, 2004
      This is hard to answer as the full list of names behind Enterprise
      XP is not in the public domain.
      To the best of my knowledge none of the DSDM consortium members that
      are behind the use of the "EnterpriseXP" name (Barry Fazackerly et
      al) have tried XP on a real project as software developers as they
      work more in the realm of project management.
      Rachel

      <jeffries@d...> wrote:
      > Have any of the people who are actually behind "EnterpriseXP" ever
      done
      > "pure" XP? I am wondering at least two things: how do they know it
      needs
      > something, and how are they qualified to advise on when and how to
      add
      > things?
      >
      > Ron Jeffries
      > www.XProgramming.com
      > When all ideas of [XP] is and [XP] is not have been extinguished,
      > then [XP] reality will manifest itself. -- Thich Nhat Hanh [Ron
      Jeffries]
    • Jeff Grigg
      Message 2 of 22 , May 1, 2004
        --- "rachelclairedavies" <rachel.davies@t...> wrote:
        > To the best of my knowledge none of the DSDM consortium
        > members that are behind the use of the "EnterpriseXP"
        > name (Barry Fazackerly et al) have tried XP on a real
        > project as software developers as they work more in the
        > realm of project management.

        Well, as project managers I think they would have been in an
        excellent position to adopt XP as their project's approach.

        So if they have not managed XP projects, how would they know what
        about XP was missing or unnecessary?
      • Chris Hanson
        Message 3 of 22 , May 1, 2004
          On May 1, 2004, at 7:08 AM, rachelclairedavies wrote:
          > To the best of my knowledge none of the DSDM consortium members that
          > are behind the use of the "EnterpriseXP" name (Barry Fazackerly et
          > al) have tried XP on a real project as software developers as they
          > work more in the realm of project management.

          What qualifies them then to work on the specifics of software
          development methodology?

          -- Chris

          --
          Chris Hanson <cmh@...>