BCS SPA NW meetings

  • michael706823
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2004
      Just a quick promotion of a new group meeting in the NorthWest UK of
      the British Computer Society Software Practice Advancement group.

      Whilst not specific to XP (we cover agile processes in general) I
      hope to find some people here who may be interested.

      BCS SPA is the new branding of BCS OOPS ( http://www.bcs-spa.org). At
      the recent OT2004 (www.ot2004.org) conference a bunch of us decided
      to start meeting up on a monthy basis in the North West to discuss
      software practices. We were calling ourselves Agile NW but at the
      first meeting decided to seek affiliation to the BCS SPA group and
      from now on expect to call ourselves BCS SPA NW.

      Currently the meetings are is the Swan Tavern at Winwick which is
      where the North of England XP user group were meeting until they
      disolved. I thought some of the people who used to go to those
      meetings might consider going to the SPA NW meetings. Have a look at
      http://www.rutherford-software.co.uk/agilenw/intro.html to see the
      notes from the first meeting.

      At the first meeting it was decided to meet monthly on the
      third Monday of each month.

      Anyway, I hope this is of interest to some of you.

      Michael Thomas