Re: [XP] Re: Hard practices or hard principles? (was RE: Re: Subsets of XP)

  • Victor Goldberg, Ph.D.
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2004
      > we will be able to handle whatever happens

      I would say that there is also a component of false confidence in that
      approach.
      The best confidence I can think of is that "I" (generic I) have the
      experience and the logic to understand and accept that the XP approach makes
      sense and it is worth trying it.

      Victor

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 29, 2004
        Around Thursday, April 29, 2004, 9:04:26 PM, Victor Goldberg, Ph.D. wrote:

        >> we will be able to handle whatever happens

        > I would say that there is also a component of false confidence in that
        > approach.
        > The best confidence I can think of is that "I" (generic I) have the
        > experience and the logic to understand and accept that the XP approach makes
        > sense and it is worth trying it.

        I found it necessary to think about this. Or at least desirable. Anyway,
        after doing that a bit, I realized that I have great confidence in my
        ability to know whether I should be confident that I can do something. If
        I'm confident I can do something, I am meta-confident that I'm right.

        To follow the path:
        Look to the master; Follow the master; Walk with the master;
        See through the master; Become the master. -- Modern Zen Poem
      • Dale Emery
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 29, 2004
          Hi Ron,

          > I have great confidence in my ability to know whether I should
          > be confident that I can do something. If I'm confident I can
          > do something, I am meta-confident that I'm right.

          I like that!

          Dale

          --
          Dale Emery -- Consultant -- Resistance as a Resource
          Web: http://www.dhemery.com
          Weblog: http://www.dhemery.com/cwd (Conversations with Dale)

          In any given set of circumstances, the proper course of action is
          determined by subsequent events. --Anonymous