Re: [XP] Re: Subsets of XP

    Message 1 of 57 , Apr 29, 2004
      On Thursday, April 29, 2004, at 8:35:15 AM, Peter Hansen wrote:

      > I hear you saying that having *courage* can be hard, and
      > that release planning depends on having courage.

      > (One example of why I don't think the practices are that
      > hard, except maybe Metaphor :-), if one has the principles.
      > "Hard practices" is just a symptom.)

      It's interesting that you heard that. I don't think that was what I said.
      We asked for a release plan frequently and loudly, and the customer would
      not do it. I think that makes the release plan hard to do. We might
      hypothesize about why the customer wouldn't do it, and that might be
      courage-related, but I don't think it's obvious. But the team had the
      courage to want RP and to ask for RP.

      It is true that no one had the courage to go to the CIO and tell her the
      project was not what she was being told, but that's not a release plan
      issue.

      Make it real or else forget about it -- Carlos Santana
    • Victor Goldberg, Ph.D.
      Message 57 of 57 , May 13 6:32 AM
        Yes, I am very impressed with him.

        Victor