Re: [XP] Re: Subsets of XP

  • Jim Shore
    Message 1 of 57 , Apr 28, 2004
      Peter Hansen wrote:

      >A team that is capable of handling XP can adopt the XP practices
      >one-by-one (or sometimes two at a time perhaps), without danger.
      >[...] I don't see the big
      >deal with not having certain practices on board at a certain
      >stage of the conversion. *It's still better than the typical
      >alternative."

      Q: What's the difference between a team that fails due to no development
      process and a team that fails due to incomplete XP process?

      A: In the second case, it's your fault.

      XP is hard. Change is hard. Spreading it out over time makes it all
      much harder.

      Jim
      .
      --
      Jim Shore
      Titanium I.T. LLC - Making IT Profitable

      phone: 503-267-5490
      email: jshore@...
    • Victor Goldberg, Ph.D.
      Message 57 of 57 , May 13 6:32 AM