Re: [XP] Subsets of XP

    Message 1 of 57 , Apr 27 11:57 AM
      On Tuesday, April 27, 2004, at 2:20:41 PM, Peter Hansen wrote:

      > Alex Pukinskis [mailto:alex.lists@...] wrote:
      >> There's been talk on this list in the past about "incrementally"
      >> adopting XP. Some have argued that it's dangerous to do a subset of
      >> the practices.

      > "Dangerous" in what way, and relative to what? We found not
      > doing XP at all dangerous, and incremental adoption was the only
      > option available, so I find it surprising that it would be called
      > "dangerous". Imperfect, perhaps, or unfortunate, but not dangerous.

      In my opinion ... which is pretty much what I always write about ...

      Simple Design + Refactoring is dangerous without intensive testing.

      Iteration Planning is dangerous without Release Planning.

      Everything is dangerous without Small Releases.

      There are probably others ...

      Resistance may or may not be futile. It is for sure not productive.
    • Victor Goldberg, Ph.D.
      Message 57 of 57 , May 13, 2004
        Yes, I am very impressed with him.

        Victor