Re: [XP] Distraction data

  • Paul Jenkins
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2004
      Amen to that!

      -p
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: acockburn@...<mailto:acockburn@...>
      To: extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com<mailto:extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: 01 April 2004 17:30
      Subject: [XP] Distraction data

      In a message dated 4/1/2004 7:29:30 AM Mountain Standard Time,
      extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com<mailto:extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com> writes:

      (On the other hand, I *WOULD* like to make a chart showing how often
      people stop outside my cube and have conversations unrelated to me
      and my work. My cube's in a bad location.)
      --->
      I warmly suggest that you do just that, and post it in a prominent place for
      your boss/manager to see.

      When I am asked to help an organization collect quantitative data, this is
      the first chart I suggest.

      Interruptions are vastly underestimated, both in their frequency and in their
      damage. There is "free" productivity to be gained here.

      Alistair Cockburn
      President, Humans and Technology

      http://alistair.cockburn.us<http://alistair.cockburn.us/> alistair.cockburn@...<mailto:alistair.cockburn@...>
      1814 E. Fort Douglas Circle, Salt Lake City, UT 84103
      Phone: 801.582-3162 Fax: 775.416.6457

      Author of
      "Surviving Object-Oriented Projects" (1998)
      "Writing Effective Use Cases" (Jolt Productivity Award 2001)
      "Agile Software Development" (Jolt Productivity Award 2002)

      ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com
      Yahoo! Groups Links