3 levels of audience

  • acockburn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2004
      I'm not sure why you should prefer Hunt's reference to Dreyfus' research work
      done at Berkely over my reference to Cockburn's research work done at Humans
      and Technology. Is there something that leads you to prefer the source of the
      research?

      In a message dated 3/30/2004 10:57:22 AM Mountain Standard Time,
      extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com writes:

      > No, I'm refering to
      > http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ThreeLevelsOfAudience
      > which I also wrote up in Agile Software Development and Crystal Clear.
      > Apologies for assuming people might be familiar with it.

      One major problem with this is that I've run across several dozen
      different ways of categorizing levels of competence in my life,
      and I really don't need another addition to the Tower of Babel.

      At the moment, I happen to like the system that Dave Thomas and
      Andy Hunt are using (which comes out of the Dreyfus research at
      the U of C Berkley) that they present in the highly informative
      and entertaining "Herding Racehorses, Racing Sheep."

      Alistair Cockburn
      President, Humans and Technology

      http://alistair.cockburn.us alistair.cockburn@...
      1814 E. Fort Douglas Circle, Salt Lake City, UT 84103
      Phone: 801.582-3162 Fax: 775.416.6457

      Author of
      "Surviving Object-Oriented Projects" (1998)
      "Writing Effective Use Cases" (Jolt Productivity Award 2001)
      "Agile Software Development" (Jolt Productivity Award 2002)