Re: [XP] It's not about speed.

  • Keith Paton
    Message 1 of 41 , Jul 29, 2000
      well structured and clean

      I agree we need to write code that has these properties.

      I just wish that we were getting closer to being able to define these
      properties in such a way that

      1 two humans can agree that code A is well structured (clean) and code B
      is not

      or

      2 two humans can agree that code A is better structured (cleaner than
      code B

      Kelvin said that we need to measure properties; otherwise we are just back
      at "I know it when I see it", namely at the beginning of he study.

      That said, I'm going to read the paper referred to in the hope that it is
      going to solve 1 or 2 for us

      Thanks Bob

      Keith
    • Phlip
      Message 41 of 41 , Aug 7, 2000
        From: "Georg Tuparev" <gtupar@...>

        > Once talking to a potential client (a dotcom company) I told them that if
        > we (the software folks) ware producing software with the quality of Bang
        > & Olufsen we had to make new releases every 3 years. They told me that TTM
        > is everything. This company is dead for a while ... Bang & Olufsen is
        > doing still well ;-)

        How long is 3 years in Internet startup company time?

        Phlip