Re: [XP] Re: Offshoring XP

  • Dossy
    Message 1 of 112 , Mar 1, 2004
      On 2004.03.01, CORUM, M E [AG/1000] <m.e.corum@...> wrote:
      > However, when I talk to the people actually working with the offshore
      > firms, they have calculated a fully-loaded cost of well over double
      > their internal development.

      Is the fully loaded-cost comparison really an apples-to-apples
      comparison? In other words: when factoring the cost of internal
      development, do they add in the cost for severance packages when
      employees need to be laid off as labor demands shrink? And, the cost of
      talent training, acquisition and other employment burdens when labor
      demands grow?

      -- Dossy

      --
      Dossy Shiobara mail: dossy@...
    • Steve Ropa
      Message 112 of 112 , Mar 3, 2004
        Yes, I should clarify. I came on board after the initial "hiring" decision
        was made. I had the perception that the team was too high ceremony, and the
        team had the perception that my company requires high ceremony. Luckily, we
        quickly found out that we were kindred spirits in Agility.