Re: Re[2]: [XP] Big Visible Charts - Brainstorming

  • Victor
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2004
      Hi Doug,

      Here are some thoughts that come to mind after reading your note.

      It seems like there is a confrontational attitude there. Would it be
      possible to transform it into a cooperative one?

      > We have one project manager who, from my perspective, is quite
      > 1n1l retentive.

      Sometimes a little personal attention goes long ways in releasing the
      retentiveness.

      > And... I hate them! To me, they're sterile, and much less
      > believable than the hand-written ones,

      What about using them as baselines for further manual manipulation (I mean
      scribbles, etc). Somebody, maybe you, could get started by using a big
      colorful marker to make meaningful comment on the chart every time a new
      chart appears, at least at the beginning. Now, don't do it secretly, in a
      passive-aggressive mode. To the contrary, talk to her ahead of taking any
      action, explain your point of view, and suggest the kind of collaboration
      you have in mind.

      What is most important is not to take any of the alternative approaches
      (hands vs. plotter) religiously, either in the "for" or the "against"
      position. Rather, to see if both approaches can be made to work together
      for the benefit of all.

      Victor