Re: [XP] Offshoring XP

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 112 , Feb 29, 2004
      eXtremos:

      Here's an overlapping list of industry sectors, off
      the top of my head:

      ___ b2b
      ___ bioinformatics
      ___ Web sites
      ___ games
      ___ networking
      ___ telecom
      ___ embedded cell phones
      ___ embedded other
      ___ enterprise integration
      ___ in-house data services
      ___ hardware controllers
      ___ home entertainment gadgets
      ___ data mining
      ___ machine translation
      ___ data warehousing
      ___ software quality control
      ___ tools
      ___ operating systems
      ___ chemistry research
      ___ avionics
      ___ security & encryption
      ___ movie special effects
      ___ hardware fabrication
      ___ environmental quality control

      Would anyone care to fill in the blanks for the odds
      that a given job in that sector is in a lower-wage
      country than the users of that sector? Is there a
      meaningful way to sort the list by those odds?

      (Also, did I miss anything big?)

      --
      Phlip

      =====
      Phlip

      http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools
    • Steve Ropa
      Message 112 of 112 , Mar 3 9:15 PM
        Yes, I should clarify. I came on board after the initial "hiring" decision
        was made. I had the perception that the team was too high ceremony, and the
        team had the perception that my company requires high ceremony. Luckily, we
        quickly found out that we were kindred spirits in Agility.