Re: [XP] Which Practices are Always Good?

  • Toivo Lainevool
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 27, 2004
      Brian Christopher Robinson wrote:

      > are there any practices that do not need the support of the other
      > practices to be successful?
      >
      > My first thoughts on the subject are that the code centric practices:
      > Refactoring, pair programming, TDD, and simple design should always be
      > used;

      I agree these are all good practices no matter what else you do.

      > The Planning Game, Small Releases, and On Site Customer seem to go
      > together.

      I'd also want to add that you need to do the code centric practices to
      be able to do the above three planning practices Its hard to do small
      release when you have complex designs with no testing..

      > Collective ownership, coding standards, and continuous integration all
      > enable one another.

      Again, You can't really do these without the code-centric practices. I
      wouldn't want to attempt continuous integration with having good testing
      in place.

      > 40 hour week/sustainable pace is probably a good idea at any time,

      Agreed.

      --

      Toivo Lainevool
      http://www.XMLPatterns.com - Develop effective DTDs and XML Schema