XPAU 2004 Call for Papers 02/29

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 18, 2004
      A quick reminder that February 29th is the XPAU 2004 submission deadline for
      all papers (including education symposium papers) and all proposals except
      workshops and tutorials.

      ***

      CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS

      XP Agile Universe 2004:
      The Role of Extreme Programming and Agile Methods as Mainstream Software
      Development Techniques

      Calgary, Alberta, Canada
      August 15 - 18, 2004

      www.agileuniverse.com

      mainĀ·stream: (P) Pronunciation Key (mnstrm) n. The prevailing current
      of thought, influence, or activity.

      What does it mean for Extreme Programming and other Agile Methods to be
      mainstream software development techniques? What does it take to move them
      to a level of acceptance that well transcends the current contexts.
      Following the success of the previous three conferences, XP/Agile Universe
      2004 will continue to transform the prevalent thinking in the software
      development community, targeting both advocates and skeptics, through
      learning, experiencing, and sharing. To that end, we are soliciting
      proposals and papers in several categories. Topics of interest include, but
      are not limited to:

      Bang for the Buck

      Return on Investment
      Management of Agile Projects
      Measurement in Agile Projects
      Agility and Risk Management
      Agile Testing and Quality Assurance
      Contracting in Agile Projects
      Empirical Results and Validation

      Getting and Maintaining Agility

      Cultural and Organizational Issues
      Scalability of Agile Methods
      Teamwork and Collaboration
      Customer Involvement
      Knowledge Management
      Adoption, Education, and Training
      Tool Support
      Issues of Frequent Deployment
      Offshore/Distributed Development

      The Bread and Butter

      Testing Techniques and Practices
      Refactoring
      Pair Programming
      Writing User Stories
      Planning Projects
      Managing Requirements

      New Horizons

      New Agile Methods and Practices
      Agile Modeling and Design
      Balancing Agility and Planning
      Hybrid Methods
      Widely Dispersed Agile Teams
      Open Source and Agility

      IMPORTANT DATES

      January 25, 2004 11:59pm EST - Submission deadline for workshop and tutorial
      proposals
      February 27, 2004 - Notification of acceptance for workshop and tutorial
      proposals
      February 29, 2004 11:59pm EST - Submission deadline for all papers
      (including education symposium papers) and all proposals except workshops
      and tutorials
      March 7, 2004 11:59pm EST - Tutorial and workshop descriptions due for
      advance program
      April 2, 2004 - Notification of acceptance for all papers and all
      outstanding proposals
      May 2, 2004 11:59pm EST - Camera-ready copies due for all papers

      Further Information: www.agileuniverse.com
    • Alex Viggio
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2004
        The XPAU2004 deadlines for paper and panel submissions has been
        extended through next Wednesday, March 10. Please see
        http://www.xpuniverse.com/CallForParticipation for the pertinent
        email contact information if you have any questions.

        --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Alex" <aviggio@q...>