Homebrew Test Automation and Extreme Programming

  • Dale Emery
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
      Bret Pettichord posted a nice article to his blog today about XP,
      testing, and test automation. It's called "Homebrew Test
      Automation and Extreme Programming."

      http://www.io.com/~wazmo/blog/archives/2004_02.html#000064

      Dale

      --
      Dale Emery -- Consultant -- Resistance as a Resource
      Web: http://www.dhemery.com

      Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but
      wish we didn't. --Erica Jong
    • Jeff Grigg
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 2, 2004
        --- Dale Emery <dale@d...> wrote:
        > Bret Pettichord posted a nice article to his blog today about XP,
        > testing, and test automation. It's called "Homebrew Test
        > Automation and Extreme Programming."
        >
        > http://www.io.com/~wazmo/blog/archives/2004_02.html#000064

        Some code is easily testable. Some is not. When we put the
        *responsibility* for testing in the hands of the programmers, we put
        the *motivation* for writing easily testable code right into the
        hands of the people who can make it happen. ;->

        (And we teach them, ... giving them the conceptual tools they need
        to make it happen.)