Re: [XP] Messaging - Food for Thought

  • Paul Jenkins
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2004
      I think that "Microsoft ending OOP" is misleading, in that they're talking
      about messaging between systems running across boundaries, not the way that
      applications are wrtten. Don Box has talked about the expense of abstraction
      for a while (see
      http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdntv/episode.aspx?xml=episodes/en/20030827SOAPDB/manifest.xml),
      and this is just another 'angle' on SOA push.
      (Don's particular SOAP Box...??) :->

      As for xml /taking over/ from .Net, thats not what I've read...

      --p