LOC per day in Java

  • tim_seltzer
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2004
      As (merely) a sanity check on some estimates I am doing, I am very
      interested in finding research to help get a feel for the range of
      correct and commented lines of code per day an average Java developer
      can produce.

      Historically, I think some older research studies reached the
      conclusion of about 10 debugged source lines could be produced per day
      across the course of the entire project (thus including requirements,
      architecture, design, code, and testing activities).

      What are the published findings for Java/J2EE?

      Tim

      PS: I know in spurts it can be substantially higher, especially with
      the help of code generating tools, and for highly skilled developers.
      I am looking for the average.