Seattle XP Users Group Meeting - Thursday, January 15

  • Charlie Poole
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2004
      The next Seattle XP Users Group meeting will be on Thursday, January 15,
      2004 at our usual SBI location with Bob Martin as guest speaker.

      NOTE that this is not the usual second Thursday date.
      See below for more information.

      SPEAKER

      Robert C. Martin is well-known to anyone who has spent time in the
      field of object-oriented development. He combines insight into the
      principles of design with practical experience in agile development
      in general and XP in particular.

      Among his many publications, the book "Agile Software Development"
      is the one I give to "design experts" who don't understand how XP
      and good design can go hand in hand.

      Bob is President of ObjectMentor Inc.

      TOPIC - "TDD for Real"

      An in-depth demonstration of FitNesse in the context of developing an
      application using TDD. Discussion will follow.

      HOW TO GET TO THE MEETING

      DATE AND SCHEDULE
      Thursday, January, 2004
      6.30 pm - 7:00 Pizza + Networking.
      7.00 pm - 9.00 pm : Demonstration & Discussion

      LOCATION
      Suite 100, SBI's Main Conference Room
      3180 139th Avenue SE
      Bellevue, WA 98005
      425.564.8800 (main desk)

      GETTING IN

      If the main door is locked knock on the window on the right; someone
      will come out and get you.

      DIRECTIONS

      - From 148th NE (going south) turn RIGHT into Eastgate Way SE.
      - Then turn RIGHT again into 139th Ave SE.
      - Drive past SE 32nd St.
      - 3180 will be the first building on your RIGHT.
      - Enter the parking entrance on your RIGHT and drive to the
      uncovered parking on top.
      - Enter the building and follow the signs to the XP meeting.

      To get to 148th and Eastgate Way, use this Yahoo Map link:

      <http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?addr=3180+139th+Avenue+SE&csz=Bellevue
      %2C+

      ad-free courtesy of objectmentor.com