Re: [XP] Agile tools for python?

  • yahoogroups@jhrothjr.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 1, 2003
      From: "Brian Christopher Robinson"
      <brian.c.robinson.at.ngc.com@...>
      Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 12:35 PM
      Subject: Re: [XP] Agile tools for python?

      > On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 yahoogroups@... wrote:
      >
      > > I've heard good reports about a Python plugin for Eclipse; that's
      > > probably the way to go if you're going to use Jython (the Python
      > > port to Java.) BRM does not, to the best of my knowledge, support
      > > any of the Eclipse plugins. Beyond that, I can't say.
      >
      > I've used the Python plugin for Eclipse but don't like it much. It will
      > allow you to write some code and run it, but that's about it. There's
      > no refactoring support and I had some formatting problems, I think due
      > to the autoformatting putting in spaces instead of tabs or vice versa.
      > For Python I prefer IDLE, though it's far from perfect.

      The last I saw from the plugin registry for Eclipse, there are
      three Python plugins, although only one looks like it's being
      actively maintained. Which one did you use?

      John Roth
    • Brian Christopher Robinson
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2003
        On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 yahoogroups@... wrote:

        > The last I saw from the plugin registry for Eclipse, there are
        > three Python plugins, although only one looks like it's being
        > actively maintained. Which one did you use?

        I can't seem to tell from the description of the various ones at
        sourceforge. There appear to be about four there now. Do you have a
        recommendation?

        --
        Without requirements, the program is done now. - Ron Jeffries
      • yahoogroups@jhrothjr.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 1, 2003
          From: "Brian Christopher Robinson"
          <brian.c.robinson.at.ngc.com@...>
          > > The last I saw from the plugin registry for Eclipse, there are
          > > three Python plugins, although only one looks like it's being
          > > actively maintained. Which one did you use?
          >
          > I can't seem to tell from the description of the various ones at
          > sourceforge. There appear to be about four there now. Do you have a
          > recommendation?

          Unfortunately not. I haven't used any of them. It's probably a
          real good question to ask on comp.lang.python.

          John Roth

          > --
          > Without requirements, the program is done now. - Ron Jeffries

        • Changjune Kim
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 2, 2003