Re: [XP] Agile tools for python?

  • Max Ischenko
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
      > I'm interested in developing in python. Therefor I'm looking for an
      > IDE with refactoring support and a xUnit framework (PyUnit?). Does
      > anyone know from experience about agile development with python? Are
      > there any agile tools?

      As for xUnit framework, unittest (PyUnit) is fine. there could be found
      a mock.py, that defines generic Mock class (and it works find due to
      Python dynamic nature and introspection facilities).

      Refactoring support is really poor, esp. when comparing with Java tools
      like IDEA or Eclipse. There is a BycycleRepairMan project but it is of
      no much use (IMO but YMMV). Face it, there is no even powerful IDE
      available.

      Personally, I'm go along with gVim and shell tools. It is not perfect
      but I see no other powerful alternatives. I've seen version 0.01 of
      python plugin to Eclipse but it is just a proof-of-concepts, not really
      usable.