Agile tools for python?

  • Bernd Schiffer
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
      Hi everybody.

      I'm interested in developing in python. Therefor I'm looking for an
      IDE with refactoring support and a xUnit framework (PyUnit?). Does
      anyone know from experience about agile development with python? Are
      there any agile tools?

      Bernd
    • Max Ischenko
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2003
        > I'm interested in developing in python. Therefor I'm looking for an
        > IDE with refactoring support and a xUnit framework (PyUnit?). Does
        > anyone know from experience about agile development with python? Are
        > there any agile tools?

        As for xUnit framework, unittest (PyUnit) is fine. there could be found
        a mock.py, that defines generic Mock class (and it works find due to
        Python dynamic nature and introspection facilities).

        Refactoring support is really poor, esp. when comparing with Java tools
        like IDEA or Eclipse. There is a BycycleRepairMan project but it is of
        no much use (IMO but YMMV). Face it, there is no even powerful IDE
        available.

        Personally, I'm go along with gVim and shell tools. It is not perfect
        but I see no other powerful alternatives. I've seen version 0.01 of
        python plugin to Eclipse but it is just a proof-of-concepts, not really
        usable.