Bill of Rights

  • Tim Haughton (OmniBus - Stanford)
    Message 1 of 50 , Nov 26, 2003
      Can anyone point me at a good bill of rights for customers / managers and developers. - Cheers

      Regards,

      Tim Haughton
      Software Engineer

      Omnibus Systems Ltd
      www.omnibus.tv
    • Amir Kolsky
      Message 50 of 50 , Dec 3, 2003
        >Is it duplication when you do something once but need it zero? I'm not
        sure.

        >I don't think it's duplication, but it probably doesn't help in
        >expressing intentions. Instead of the rule being "Expresses all the
        >Ideas you want to express." Maybe it should say" Expresses all the
        ideas
        >you want to express, and only those ideas you want to express".
        >Superfluous code should be removed.

        Well, if you remove the code and everything still works (guidelines 1 -
        3) then you have in effect applied guideline 4: you have minimized the
        number of classes and methods.

        Amir