How this list ought to work

  • J. B. Rainsberger
    Message 1 of 215 , Nov 1, 2003
      [JBR]

      Keith Ray wrote:
      > I'd like to see
      >
      > 1. A asks a question
      > 2. B suggests a stock XP answer
      > 3. A asks for other options
      > 4. B shuts up and lets others answer (instead of repeating stock XP
      > answers as if we hadn't heard them already)
      > 5. C responds with other options and their drawbacks...

      I'm game. All opposed?
      --
      J. B. Rainsberger,
      Diaspar Software Services
      Message 215 of 215 , Nov 19, 2003
        Hi all,

        Just thougth I'd throw in an XP-relevant comment on this thread.

        My weight has hovered just around 270lbs since high school, even
        when I was doing martial arts seven days a week, even when I was doing
        capoeira (a highly physical, acrobatic martial art involving
        cartwheels and flips and the like). My fat/muscle balance changed,
        certainly (I sink like a rock in water), but my weight stayed the
        same.

        Oddly enough, my weight went *up* when I left a large corporate
        environment for a small startup where we did pair programming. I
        spent much more time sitting and coding, and much less time
        cubicle-crawling and schlepping to meetings.

        Of course, the fact that I traded the big corporate urban
        environs of the big coporate office for startup suburbia, and went
        from walking 5-10 blocks to an asian restaruant for lunch to hopping
        in the car and drove down the road to the greasy spoon, may have had
        something to do with it too :-).

        --
        Steven J. Owens
        puff@... / (412) 401-8060 cell / (412) 578-9817 house