Re: [XP] XP without a safety net and non-anectdotal evidence

  • David Corbin
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2003
      On Friday 31 October 2003 21:56, Ron Jeffries wrote:
      > On Friday, October 31, 2003, at 9:44:01 PM, Amr Elssamadisy wrote:
      > > Ron Jeffries wrote:

      > >>Amr, there is no practice that works even when we do not do it.
      > >
      > > Ron - thanks for that enlightening statement - I wouldn't have guessed
      > > that.
      > >
      > > But seriously - what I meant by that is that some things you can get
      > > partial benefit by doing it partially without paying a penalty.
      > >
      > > My suspicion is that XP may not quite work that way. That is, there is
      > > a hidden penalty for doing it partially.
      >
      > Amr, there is NO practice that works even when we do not do it.

      What I think he's trying to say, is when done impropertly, XP has greater risk
      than other processes done partially. As analogy, flying may be a great way
      to travel across country, but doing it properly, it may be more dangerous
      than driving across country improperly.

      Not that I agree completely, just that I think the dangers are more obvious.

      David Corbin <dcorbin@...>