Re: [XP] Tasks without stories?

    Message 1 of 46 , Oct 31, 2003
      On Thursday, October 30, 2003, at 3:51:01 PM, J. B. Rainsberger wrote:

      > In addition....

      > I strongly believe that a pair needs to own a story, and not tasks.
      > Performing a task outside its context is risky: the pair may not have a
      > deep-enough understanding of the feature to be able to implement some
      > small part of it in a way that integrates well with the whole.

      > When I have focused too much on tasks and not enough on stories, I have
      > felt pain. I will guess that I am not alone in that.

      Yes. I am coming more and more to believe similarly. C3 split things on
      tasks, and that may have been part of why we had to invent the Tracker.
      Some of the best teams I visit work only on stories. Probalby not a
      coincidence ...

      One test is worth a thousand expert opinions.
      -- Bill Nye (The Science Guy)
      Message 46 of 46 , Oct 31, 2003