Skip to search.

Re: [XP] Re: Standards, oh and a bit of BDUF thown in.

  • Dominic Williams
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 30, 2003
      I have observed, with teams learning XP, that the coding standard practice
      helps with "letting go" of personal ownership. It's just a constant reminder
      that it's no longer about coding your own way. This letting go is, for some
      people, a pre-requisite to feeling happier about pair programming.

      Although I agree with Ron's (and others) suggestion that coding standard
      could emerge from a team that is doing the other practices, I think it could
      still serve a purpose for actually getting to the point where the team is
      doing all the practices...

      For the moment, I'll consider it a canonical practice, though among the
      first which can be dropped by experienced teams.

      Dominic Williams.